Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcoming Baby Girl

I am very happy to announce the arrival of my first niece. Proud parents Steve & Julia welcomed their daughter (name TBA) on Saturday, July 18th 2009. She arrived one month early and weighed a stellar 7 pounds 1 ounce. Despite arriving early, she's the picture of health and has lovely curly blonde hair... but no name!

Maybe it's because she was one month early.... I can give them a day or two's grace. But it's been three days, and this first-time Aunty is going crazy with anticipation. (To Steve's credit, he says they want to devote a lot of time and consideration before naming her.... well, okay then, but hurry it up please! I'm dying to know!)

During my congratulatory phone call, Steve seemed apologetic for not having a name yet. "Don't worry," I tried to reassure him. "Mom and Dad didn't have a name for you for the first two weeks either." He snorted, thinking I was kidding. Except I wasn't. (Actually, it was more like three or four days, but still.... he had to wait, too!)

So welcome to the clan, baby No-Name. We can't wait to meet you and watch you grow. All our love to you, little one. Best wishes to the beautiful new family.

~~Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.~~

No comments: