Friday, January 8, 2010

Dare I Say it... Success??!!

At the risk of condemning myself to another vicious cycle of terrible bedtimes, I'm going to go ahead and say it: Houston, we have a sleeper.

Last night was no miracle. I think Noah finally drifted off to sleep at around 10:30pm.

But he didn't crash the gate.

He didn't rip his backwards pajamas off.
He didn't bounce himself off his bed or ricochet off the corner of any piece of furniture.

He didn't bleed, pee, vomit, or cry on anything.

Of course, he tried the usual tactics:
"I want anudder story!"
"I want a bath!"'

And our usual (arguably cruel response) of "And I want a unicorn!" was met with a rebuttal of "ACK! Ack! ACK! No UNICORN!" but he quickly realized his Napoleonic demands would go unheeded.  

It was actually NOAH that called out "Close your eyes, no noise. Good Night!" to us instead of the other way around.

Huh.

So my hubby and I headed to bed while he was still chirping to himself at 10:15. We left both the doors wide open in case he executed an escape plan.

Instead, he sang himself to sleep:

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear POTATO, Happy birthday to you!" Whatever makes you happy, my son. And whatever gets you to sleep. :)

No comments: