Friday, March 5, 2010

I Feeling Bebber! (uh-oh)


He's feeling better, folks!!! And he's told (or shown) me in a hundred different ways:

He emptied the toilet paper roll in record time.
He emptied the contents of his supposedly "child proof", "leak proof" sippy cup all over our suede couch.
He ate all his lunch. (Hurray!)
He demanded a spontaneous trip to Disneyland to visit Goofy. (Sorry, kiddo... not tonight.)

He crawled up in my lap, when I was exasperated at the end of a long day. He gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and said "Noah such a naughty boy, right mommy?"

Now, how on earth am I supposed to respond to that? He must be feeling better, because he knows exactly how to climb into my heart while stepping on my kneecaps.

I KNOW he's feeling better. My husband knows it, too. 

Kevin was giving Noah a time-out after supper. (His current punishment-worthy offense was tossing a fork at his mother's forehead. I think he might be good at javelin when he's older....)

Anyways, I listened to their conversation while scrubbing spaghetti sauce out of my hairline. 

"Noah, you need to sit down and fold your hands."
"NO! NO sit down! Wanna play my toys! Wanna have a candy, play soccer, go for walk on my trike!"
"Noah, sit down and fold your hands."

"FIRST play on trike, then time out, Daddy?"

I burst into giggles. Kevin remained stoic, somehow.

"Noah, sit down and fold your hands. You hit mommy in the head with your fork!!!"
"You're right. I need a time out."
I had to ask Kevin to repeat it for me later, but at that point, my fiesty, fork hurling toddler sat down on his own accord, folded his hands in his lap and accepted his punishment. 

What. Just. Happened??

I'm not really sure. I think he relented to authority. I think he realized that throwing forks at his mother's head was not a commendable action. I think he's starting to get it. And, most importantly, he's back to his old self!

My little guy is feeling better. And he's growing up. *sniff, sniff, sniff*.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I'm so glad your little guy is back to his normal self. Croup is one thing I have NOT dealt with - yet (knock on wood?!). He sounds like a delightful handful! Mine have all been so - I asked a fellow adoptive mother when I'll get an easy one and she said I just need to keep adopting and eventually I'll get one. You just never know! We had our MCFD intake meeting today so we're on our way - to another adoption anyway, not sure about the "easy" part! I'll enjoy following your blog! Warmly, Jennifer