Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Don't Want a Sister - I Want a Dinosaur!!!

Every once in a while, we test the water with Noah and ask him point blank: "So, would you like a brother or sister?"

Sometimes he answers yes, other times no, but most recently, he's vehemently proclaimed: "I don't want a sister - I want a DINOSAUR!!!"

He then proceeds to stomp around the house roaring like his ancient extinct idol, smashing fallen cheerios and threatening breakables in his wake.

"Don't you think it would be fun?"

"No sister! I. Want. A. Dinosaur!"

"But Noah, you can't go to the park with a dinosaur. He might eat you up!"

"Mommy. You are so ridiculous. He won't eat me up. I'm not delicious!"

So... he's three now. Diametrically opposed to acquiring a sibling. Inexplicably enchanted with carnivourous prehistoric creatures.

Oh well. Last month he wanted a puppy. Which could be easily enough acquired... at least I have no qualms or quasi-guilt for saying "Sorry, son, but you are NOT getting a dinosaur for a sibling."

1 comment:

Dianna Mortensen said...

Gee that sounds familiar. My son kept asking for a little brother. I told him he only wanted one so he wouldn't be the youngest. He then said, "well if I can't have a little brother can I have a monkey?" Not happening!