Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Changing Hats (or Just Adding Another One)

After nine years with our organization, AFABC's beloved Cross Cultural Education Coordinator Yvonne Devitt is moving on. She's been an amazing mentor here at AFABC, an inspiring friend, and a great teacher. Her presence in the office will be greatly missed (as will her chocolate stash!). With her departure, I am humbled to have been chosen to fill her position as Cross Cultural Education Coordinator.

With this move comes the news that while I am transitioning into Yvonne's position, I will also be handing over my role as Vancouver/Coastal Adoption Support Coordinator. I will remain a part of the regional team, and continue my contract as your ASC until the springtime. 

I'm looking forward to carrying on and remaining connected with our Vancouver/Coastal families. I hope these relationships and commitments will grow in the months and years to come. I am also looking forward to supporting each of you, and many more families at the educational workshops we offer throughout the year. 

This blog will continue, and the crazy stories won't change. But I wanted to share my excitement as I begin this new role, and wish Yvonne the best in all her future endeavors.  

No comments: