Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

Every Mother's Day, I'm extra thankful for the many incredible mothers in my life. There are the usual suspects... my Mom, whom I call every day and who (for better or worse!) is largely responsible for how this daughter of hers turned out. Then there are my grandmothers - one, called to heaven too early but who is still a big influence in my life, the other a usually gentle but occasionally spunky 94 year old. I think of my sisters in law, my mother in law... these mothers who raised or are raising some of the people I hold dearest in my life.

And then, ever year since his birth and adoption, and every day in between, there is Noah's birth mother. Although our adoption is closed, we remain connected to her.

This Mother's Day is no different, and we send up warm wishes and love and prayers that things are going well in her life and that she isn't worried or wondering too much about the son she placed years ago. He is loved. He is safe.

This Mother's Day, new thoughts are swirling for a woman I know and love who is making an incredible plan for her baby.

Happy first Mother's Day, Momma to be. Whatever course your plan takes, I am here with you in celebration and love.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thank you for your thoughtful post Sarah! I thank the Good Lord for you too. Ever since I met you you have been an incredible, positive, influence in my life. I thank you!
Happy Belated Mother's day!

Kelly